I have a prior record for identity theft I pled out to a E felony 4 years ago agreeing to 5 year probation. now 2013 I've been

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

accused of a new charge Grand Larceny a D class felony the situation is a check was mistakenly damaged, the issuing company reissued the check in the name of a employee, the employee tried to receive a money order from the bank to hide the mistake made by damaging the check, the agent made a mistake and deposit the check into the employee personal acct, after the mistake was made the employee notified the company asap and was terminated because trust was lost 3 weeks later the company made a complaint which lead to a arrest. The 4,500 never cleared and although the account was fairly new the acct was in good standing prior to the mistake. The DA is trying to say the acct was open with the check which is incorrect what is the max time for this crime? grand jury also keeps being push back

1. Latrice Vinell Campbell

3

Answered . You need to hire an experienced criminal attorney to review your criminal history. The max time will depend on any prior criminal convictions. Next time don't post any specific facts on this website. This information is public and can be used against you.

2. Marco Caviglia

3

Answered . Assuming your prior was a non-violent felony, a D felony second time offender gets not less than 4 years and not more than 7 years, indeterminate. You might have to owe some time on your 1st conviction since your probation will be violated if not rolled in.