I have a pretrial date on Oct 1st and I just received my blood results back for my DUI.

Saint Petersburg, FL |

If I ask for a reset if there a chance of my case getting kicked to criminal court instead of remaining in traffic court? And if it does would it matter in sentencing?

1. Don't just plea guilty. You may have defenses and need a DUI attorney. There are some really good ones in St. Pete/Tampa. Lawyer up.

Kentucky and Florida Licensed. Free consultations. 502-424-2016. www.KYFIGHTDUI.COM Follow me on twitter: @trackmylawyer. This answer does not create a legal relationship.

2. get a lawyer. It sounds like you are trying to do this yourself. Bad idea.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

3. If you are in St. pete traffic court stay there. The judge is excellent.

4. Hire a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

5. Hire an attorney for assistance.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.

6. Yes there is a chance it would get sent to the criminal complex. It does matter in sentencing. The traffic court judges like to resolve cases without sending them to the complex and this can work to your advantage. Blood draw cases can be quite technical, please give me a call to discuss.

7. You're typically better off staying in traffic court unless the case needs to be set for jury trial, in which case your attorney would need to transfer it out to the complex on 49th Street. You should consult an attorney before your pretrial next week to avoid the risk of your case being transferred out.
    Good luck!

Legal disclaimer: The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.

Traffic tickets topics