I have a petty theft conviction in 2007. now im applying for medical licensure in state of ohio. will having this on my record

Columbus, OH |

will this affect me getting the license and if so what do i need to do in order to have it explunge. or will that do me any good at all ?

1. It is always a good idea to get a charge like that expunged, if possible. Look here for more info:

http://www.hamilton-co.org/MunicipalCourt/Expungement/Persons_convicted_of_an_offense.htm

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

2. Any type of conviction of a crime can impact your ability to receive a license depending on the requirements of the governing body. If you have not been convicted of any further crimes, and your punishment has been over, you are most likely eligible for an expungement. This would remove the conviction from your record, though you may have to still disclose it depending on the governing body's requirements.

Chase Carter
    6 W. Main
    Chillicothe Ohio
    740 634 3110

Answers given by Chase R. Carter, partner at Carter and George LLC do not constitute legal advice. Answers given do not constitute legal advice and any person having a legal question should contact counsel immediately. Mr. Carter is a private attorney that is available for hire after first consulting with Mr. Carter and negotiating a fee arrangement and signing an engagement letter. Mr. Carter is able to be contacted by visiting his firm's website at www.carterandgeorge.com or calling 740 634 3110. No legal relationship and/or legal representation is established by answering questions on Avvo. Answers given are for purely educational purpose. No information given is protected by attorney client privilege and any person asking such questions is strongly encouraged to contact legal counsel before pursuing any legal matter.

3. It will show up on your record and it may have an impact on your license application. To have the record properly expunged, first contact an attorney or the link below to see if you are eligible. Expungements are a process and not immediate so if this is an option for you, do it sooner rather than later.