I have a petition on going for my mom. I already sent my affidavit of support together with my last ITR. the visa application

Asked 10 months ago - Valley Stream, NY

was paid and sent to them. what we are waiting for is the letter for her interview appt. Last week, I just got fired from my job. My question is can I file for unemployment? I am worried that the petition process will be denied because of my job lost.

1. Marc Damien Sean Taylor

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Unemployment benefits can be counted as income for the I-864.

If you do not find another job before the interview, then make sure that you send a new I-864 with proof of your unemployment income and other assets you need.

Hopefully, you earn enough, if not, you should consider finding a co-sponsor now.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

3

1

Answered . Unemployment insurance payments are income, and may be used to meet the I-864 requirements. To the extent you cannot adequately support the I-864, you may need a co-sponsor.

3. Altin Nanaj

1

1

Answered . You may need a cosponsor if your income is not sufficient at the time of interview.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . This could be a problem .. .if the US Consul asks for more information than that which you sent to the NVC with your I-864.