I have a personal injury case going on in VA but I have to move to GA. Will that be a problem?

Norfolk, VA |

I cant get in contact with my lawyer right now and I need to find out asap if me moving to Georgia will mess up my personal injury case in Virginia. I will also be able to go back anytime for court if need be. Will it work out?

If the matter is resolved without a trial, there won't be any issues. If, however, a trial must be scheduled, you will have to travel back to Virginia for the trial, as well appear at any depositions. You should make sure your attorney has your contact information and is aware of your relocation.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
http://vabeachpersonalinjurylawyer.com
jd@garrettlawgroup.com
(757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

It shouldn't be a problem if it settles without having to file suit.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you return for necessary appearances.

You have a lawyer. Why do you need to seek free advice from other lawyers you don't know? This may depend on your contract and your ability to come back for court dates, depositions, etc. Keep trying to contact him or her and wait on a reply. Try emailing them.

It should not be a problem if you do what is necessary.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

As long as you can make your appearances, you'll be fine.