I have a personal injury case going on in VA but I have to move to GA. Will that be a problem?

Asked over 1 year ago - Norfolk, VA

I cant get in contact with my lawyer right now and I need to find out asap if me moving to Georgia will mess up my personal injury case in Virginia. I will also be able to go back anytime for court if need be. Will it work out?

1. James Donald Garrett

8

Answered . If the matter is resolved without a trial, there won't be any issues. If, however, a trial must be scheduled, you will have to travel back to Virginia for the trial, as well appear at any depositions. You should make sure your attorney has your contact information and is aware of your relocation.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://vabeachpersonalinjurylawyer.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

2. George Costas Andriotis

7

Answered . It shouldn't be a problem if it settles without having to file suit.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Benjamin Whitaker Price

7

Answered . You have a lawyer. Why do you need to seek free advice from other lawyers you don't know? This may depend on your contract and your ability to come back for court dates, depositions, etc. Keep trying to contact him or her and wait on a reply. Try emailing them.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

6

Answered . It shouldn't be a problem as long as you return for necessary appearances.

5. Albert Lee Crosner

6

Answered . It should not be a problem if you do what is necessary.

Pro

4

Answered . As long as you can make your appearances, you'll be fine.