I have a pending work authorization application with USCIS. Is it advisable for me to file form I-485?

York, PA |

Is it advisable for me to proceed with form I-485?

Excuse me, but this is an example of a question which provides no information to even try and answer it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mr. Segal is correct ... you haven't given us enough information to enable us to even begin to venture a response.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleagues - you're not applying for a library card here. An I-485 is an Application to Adjust Status. We're not sure if you're adjustable or even eligible for a green card. More information is needed.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site:

What was the basis for your application for a work permit? It obviously can't be on the basis of a pending I-485, since you're contemplating filing an adjustment now. Is your penidng work permit application based on DACA? Or some form of relief you applied for in removal proceedings?

Please provide more details about everything you've filed with USCIS or the Immigration Court to date.

Recommended articles about Immigration