I have a pending ssdi case. the alj sent me for another ce on june 6th 2012. my hearing was march29th 2012. do you think it wil

Niles, OH |

take much longer, i an 50 years old and live in ohio

1. The answer is: it depends. Each ALJ is slightly different in how long they take to get their decisions out, and if that particular ODAR has more of a backlog of cases then others, that would impact the wait for your decision as well.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on Avvo.com. No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

2. In Ohio, exam reports are usually back to the Judge's office within 30 days. So, if you have not yet received a copy, call you your hearing office and request a copy of the report.

Many SSA doctors are trained to not make a conclusion about your disability, but some assume it is their job to automatically explain why you CAN work. If you have an attorney, talk to this attorney soon - he or she should be able to help answer questions about whether you got a fair doctor or not. And, the attorney will likely want to submit comments to the ALJ - or ask for a supplemental hearing, or do other development.

You may want to talk to an attorney in your area so you can review the specific facts with counsel. You may contact your local city, county or state bar association to see if they have a lawyer referral program, or you may contact the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) for the name and email address or telephone number of attorneys in your area. Most attorneys who do any amount of Social Security work are members of NOSSCR and provide a free initial consultation. In any event, no attorney may charge a fee for work on a social security claim until it has been approved by Social Security. The fee limit is a maximum of 25% of past due or back due benefits you are owed, and many lawyers charge less than the full 25%, and the money is not paid until your claim has been approved.

The telephone number for the lawyer referral service of NOSSCR is 1-800-431-2804. NOSSCR's website is www.nosscr.org.

In addition, you can find a Board certified specialist in Social Security by contacting the National Board of Trial Advocacy. They evaluate lawyers (independently) in many types of claims and require extensive experience and testing before a lawyer is certified. They have a section specifically for Social Security: The National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy, Divisions of the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification.

Their link is: http://www.nblsc.us/

You may also contact NADR (National Association of Disability Representatives) www.nadr.org – automated Telephone Referral System at 1-800-747-6131

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
    ------------------------------------------
    Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. If you are represented, the report from the CE should be sent to your attorney before the judge makes a decision. Contact your attorney and see if they have received it yet.

Actual legal advice can only be provided by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law regarding your question. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice.

4. I agree with Cliff, I am seeing my decisions out of Cleveland/Akron about 30-45 days after the CE report is returned.

In generally, I am seeing my Cleveland/Akron decisions about 60-75 days after hearing.

Please note that this is a general answer to a general question and does not constitute any attorney-client relationship. Please seek out an attorney in your area to discuss your matter.

Administrative law topics