I have a pending felony drug charge. Can I travel to Mexico? Will I have problems when I return to the US?

Asked over 3 years ago - West Palm Beach, FL

I have been given no travel restrictions by the court.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

Answered . If you are a green card holder, you can travel freely. Of course, if you are convicted, you will probably be placed under removal proceedings.

Please see

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . The answer to this question will depend upon your immigration status and the exact felony you have been charged with. For example, even if you are a lawful permanent resident, if you have been charged with trafficking in a controlled substance an immigration inspector could refuse you admission to the U.S. This is because the inspector need only have reason to believe you are a drug trafficker - a conviction is not required in this instance. Consult with an immigration attorney and discuss the specifics of your case to be sure.

3. Camille Juliette Mackler

Answered . You don't mention what kind of status you are in, but you could run into problems trying to re-enter the US if you travel.