I have a pending appeal on file moving along to reverse a Unlawful Detainer judgement against me.how can i stop them from sellin

Asked over 1 year ago - Carson, CA

g until my appeal has been heard. I contend foreclosure was illegal and the servicer nor buyer(LLC) was not real party of interest. They have sold property to another company who now has it on the market.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Justin Drayton Graham

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Halting a lockout in a ud case on appeal is very difficult. Ud courts do not like to entertain title issues, including wrongful foreclosure, although the case law is clear that title issues are relevant in a CCP 1161a3 eviction. You should file a separate action for wrongful foreclosure and record a lis pendens if you have evidence to support your claims. You can get an injuction in that case to stop the lockout. And you may have bona fide purchaser issues. Consult an attorney to determine the strength of your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,266 answers this week

3,353 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,266 answers this week

3,353 attorneys answering