I have a Pakistani boyfriend . I have temporary protected status (t.p.s.) What can he or I do, so he can live in the USA?

Asked 12 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

He's from Pakistan and currently works in Saudi Arabia-has a work permit to work there. I have t.p.s., from El Salvador. I've lived in the USA for more than 14 years. To my knowledge, I cannot apply for permanent residency or U.S. citizenship. How can I help him, to come live in the USA? Or is there anything he can do, to live in the USA?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Nothing really. You might consider moving to Saudi Arabia with him.

2. Huiyue Qiu

3

1

Answered . Unfortunately in 2011, the Board of Immigration Appeals ruled that if a TPS holder's spouse is not from a TPS eligible country, then the spouse cannot get TPS. Because Pakistan is not on the TPS country list, he is not eligible. Your best option is to take his resume and passport to consult with an attorney to explore other work visa possibilities. There is no one-size-fit-all solution.

Sincerely yours,
    Oliver Huiyue Qiu, Esq.
    Tel: 646-820-7658
    Fax: 646-537-2608
    Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1271, Union, NJ 07083
    Office Visit: 5 Penn Plaza, 23rd FL, Manhattan, between 33rd St and 8th Ave (By Appointment)
    Email: esqoliver@gmail.com
    Website: www.visaiam.com

3. Stephen D. Berman

3

1

Answered . Since he has no relatives in the U.S. he would need an employer to file for him, or he could apply to come as a student, etc. There are many different types of visas, and you can check the State Department Website for ideas.