I have a open container ticket from when i was 14 do i need to put that on my background check when it asks if i was convicted

Asked over 1 year ago - Ames, IA

of any crime other than a minor traffic offenses? Also when I was 20 I got a minor in possession, violations were handled by the clerk. do i need to put that?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Colin Christopher Murphy

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If it has been more than two years since your minor in possession conviction, then you may be able to expunge it from your adult criminal record. Until then, you will need to acknowledge it as a conviction. Was the open container matter handled in juvenile court? If so, then there's a chance that record has been sealed. If not, then you may need to acknowledge it on an employment
    application. You can search on Avvo for tips
    on expunging Iowa convictions from your record.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,036 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,036 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering