I have a old comp case from 2004 , i want to cg lawyers is it wise to do this late in the case

i have had surgerys ,including trigger release in left hand in dec. i have a new injury which is an exacterbation of my existing injury its just that the owner of my lawyers firm is very rude and i feel very offended by him. Should i swallow my pride and just hang in there or move on ? Ty

Deer Park, NY -

Find Out More

Kenneth Lee LaBore

Kenneth Lee LaBore

Nursing Home Abuse / Neglect Lawyer - Minneapolis, MN

I am sure that you can find other attorneys, I would ask the lawyer for an appointment and see if you can work out your issues. Some lawyers are rude and many are very matter of fact which can seem rude.

I would ask for a status and meeting and if you are still unhappy you can find a new attorney on AVVO.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer

Move on

Albert Lee Crosner

Albert Lee Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Manhattan Beach, CA

Please note I have changed the practice area to Workers Compensation so as to get those lawyers to respond to your inquiry.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

You can switch lawyers at any time by simply sending a termination letter, and finding a lawyer that you are comfortable with.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
William Ward Crossett

William Ward Crossett

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Syracuse, NY

In my opinion it is important to have trust in your attorney. Some times what you take as rudeness may be the attorneys direct approach . If you can not sit down and agree on a strategy and a manner of communication it may be best to seek out new counsel as it appears you have an ongoing problem that warrants a long term strategy.

Camila P. Medici

Camila P. Medici

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Melville, NY

Hi, and I am sorry that you are going through this and that you have had a new injury exacerbating your existing one. You should not have to deal with a rude Attorney on top of everything you have already been going through. It's already tough enough to be injured and having to deal with the Comp Carrier, so you really don't need an Attorney that will make it more stressful on you,. It is very important that you are comfortable with your Attorney and that you feel you can reach them and ask them anything. The Attorney is really your life line through the process and being able to trust and depend on the Attorney is key. One of the main issues in finding a good Attorney in comp is that it is mainly a volume industry and the majority of firms have too many cases going on to devote the time to individual cases. When I started my own practice 2 years ago I was doing it primarily to break out of that volume paradigm. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I am proud of how happy my clients are and how close I am to each of them. You need to find an Attorney that treats you like a friend or family member. But you definitely should not go at it alone. I have a lot of information on extremity injuries on my website, www.medicilaw.com. You may be able to get more answers there as well as on my blog, newyorkworkerscompguide.blogspot.com. Good luck!

Rafael Omar Gomez

Rafael Omar Gomez

Employment / Labor Attorney - Buffalo, NY

Attorneys provide a service to clients, and just like any other business, you have the right to choose who work with and who you want to represent you. There is no additional expense in your situation to switch attorneys. So, if you are not happy, find someone who will appreciate your business and provide the type of service you expect.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Jose, CA

It may be hard to find an atty to take it over, so check with new attys before you fire current one.