I have a not valid for employment ssc and that i've used to work. Will that affect the status adjustment process at all?

I overstayed my visitor visa and got married to an U.S. citizen. I’m going to send the paperwork for a greencard. I've paid taxes every year under that social security number

Richardson, TX -

Sonali Patnaik

Sonali Patnaik

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

Spouses of US citizens are forgiven for their unauthorized employment, and they would not penalize your use of the limited social security card alone. However, if you have ever made a false claim to U.S. citizenship in applying for a job, this could be an issue.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

No