I have a non profit rescue. I'm moving it from Louisiana to Colorado. How do I go about changing my address and tax ID?

Colorado Springs, CO |

.

1. I am uncertain as to why you need to change your tax ID - EIN number? There are forms that you can download from the IRS website that will allow you to simply change your address from LA to CO.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. Just as your SS number never changes, a company's EIN will never change. Send your change of address notice to the service center dealing with you new address. If you can't figure out where to send it, pick Cincinnati, OH

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise. When answering questions on AVVO, attorneys are prohibited from directly soliciting business. Don't take this as an indication of lack of interest. Follow my answers to other questions on Twitter @LandLawyer James S. Tupitza 212 West Gay Street West Chester, PA 19380 610-696-2600

3. The other attorneys have correctly answered your question. There is no need for you to change your organization's tax ID, even if its name changes, provided that you notify the IRS of the entity's new name. See http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Business-Name-Change. Please be sure, however, to change the address of your organization either on its tax return for the very next tax period or by filing a change of address form with the IRS, Form 8822-B, Change of Address - Business (see attached link). Enjoy your new life in the Mile High State!

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822b.pdf

The answer to this question does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Moreover, this attorney is licensed to practiced law ONLY in the State of California. Answers to questions from users in other jurisdictions or states are meant to provide only general information. Users should contact a local attorney in their jurisdiction or state to address their specific tax issue.

Tax law topics