I have a non profit rescue. I'm moving it from Louisiana to Colorado. How do I go about changing my address and tax ID?

Asked about 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am uncertain as to why you need to change your tax ID - EIN number? There are forms that you can download from the IRS website that will allow you to simply change your address from LA to CO.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more
  2. James S. Tupitza

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Just as your SS number never changes, a company's EIN will never change. Send your change of address notice to the service center dealing with you new address. If you can't figure out where to send it, pick Cincinnati, OH

    DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  3. Richard Gordon Stack

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The other attorneys have correctly answered your question. There is no need for you to change your organization's tax ID, even if its name changes, provided that you notify the IRS of the entity's new name. See http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Business-Name-Ch.... Please be sure, however, to change the address of your organization either on its tax return for the very next tax period or by filing a change of address form with the IRS, Form 8822-B, Change of Address - Business (see attached link). Enjoy your new life in the Mile High State!


    The answer to this question does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Moreover, this attorney is... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,218 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,218 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering