I have a non profit rescue. I'm moving it from Louisiana to Colorado. How do I go about changing my address and tax ID?

Asked 11 months ago - Colorado Springs, CO

.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

6

Answered . I am uncertain as to why you need to change your tax ID - EIN number? There are forms that you can download from the IRS website that will allow you to simply change your address from LA to CO.

2. James S. Tupitza

3

Answered . Just as your SS number never changes, a company's EIN will never change. Send your change of address notice to the service center dealing with you new address. If you can't figure out where to send it, pick Cincinnati, OH

3. Richard Gordon Stack

2

Answered . The other attorneys have correctly answered your question. There is no need for you to change your organization's tax ID, even if its name changes, provided that you notify the IRS of the entity's new name. See http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Business-Name-Ch.... Please be sure, however, to change the address of your organization either on its tax return for the very next tax period or by filing a change of address form with the IRS, Form 8822-B, Change of Address - Business (see attached link). Enjoy your new life in the Mile High State!

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822b.pdf

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now