I have a no contact order due to a domestic violence arrest. Is there any kind of allowable contact?

Asked over 1 year ago - Alhambra, CA

I had to have surgery and was admitted into the hospital for four days. My wife was there for three out of the four days. She insisted on being there for me as this was a slightly risky surgery and I needed the moral support. Is this wrong? I know the obvious answer, however I would like your opinion.

Thanks in advance

1. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

3

Answered . It seems to me that even if technically in violation there's not much YOU could do to stop this contact. To me, if the circumstances are as you say, you ought to have defense to a violation charge. But I think we lawyers have all seen some judges do strange things.
    Good luck on your recovery.
    Perhaps these circumstances are something to argue in seeking to have the NCO lifted or modified. BUT for that you'd need to talk with CA lawyer to see if its even doable.

2. Jim Mitchell Medley

2

Answered . The no contact order is a condition of your bond? The judge would first have to know of her visit to the hospital. It is difficult to conceive how the judge will hold that against you for her to appear at the hospital. You didn't do anything but lay there.

Each judge may have a different take on that circumstance though.

3. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

2

Good luck on your recovery.