I have a no bond vop warrant..how would i go upon filing a motion to get a bond before i turn myself in??

Orlando, FL |

It is unlikely that you will be able to have a bond set prior to turning yourself in on a violaiton of probation. By contacting an attorney it is possible that a judge may grant a motion to modify the warrant to include a reasonable bond. It is important to be aware that at any time law enforcement may arrest you as warrant is currently active.

An attorney can file a motion to set bond and get a court date prior to you turning yourself in. However, on a VOP you are not entitled to a bond. It is completely discretionary with the court. Therefore, when you go to court, you may not leave the same door you came in through. Therefore, be prepared to go into custody. The best chance you would have to get a bond would be to have your attorney get the prosecutor to agree to a bond prior to the hearing. If the ASA is onboard, you have a greater chance of success. Even though my office is in Tampa, I practice in Orlando so feel free to give me a call at 813.453.6396 if you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail.