I have a niece in Venezuela that would like to live with me in the US. Is this possible?

Asked 8 months ago - Tulsa, OK

I am an U.S. citizen and she will be moving into my house.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . No, it is not possible for your niece from Venezuela to come and live with you in the same house in the USA just because you would like that. Why? First, there is this issue of visa. There is no visa category that would accommodate such a purpose. Then there is this issue of status. There is no status category that would accommodate this purpose. Then there is this issue of conscience. You would not want to bring your niece here and subject her to unlawful presence and life in the shadows, I assume. Hence, based on all of that, it is not realistic for your niece to come and live here with you on the facts presented.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Unfortunately not, since there is no visa category for an uncle or aunt to immigrate a niece. She could cone on in as a student or on an exchange visitor visa and try to work her way up from there once in the US. Could even see if could apply for political asylum once here.

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

1

Answered . Your niece must have a visa t allow her to stay in the U.S. legally with you - e.g., a student visa or a visa that allows her to work (as long as she meets the requirements).

4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

Answered . There is no immigration category for niece. Consult an immigration attorney in person to explore other options.