Skip to main content

I have a Misdemeanor warrant from 7 years ago for the state of FL but live in CO now. How can I take care of this from CO?

Littleton, CO |

I have already contacted the court where my warrant is with. The lady i spoke to on the phone said that because it had been a long time and was just a misdemeanor I should write a letter to the judge and it would more than likely be dropped. I wrote a very professional and humble letter the judge, which they received, but it was never dropped. I called back several months later and another woman from the court told me there was nothing I could do but show up in person. Why am I being told 2 different things? I even offered to pay a fine but there isn't one? This is hindering me moving forward with my career. Please help!

Attorney Answers 3


It depends on the type of case, DA policies, judicial policies, specific DA, and specific Judge, but the odds are pretty good that showing up and dealing with the case be it plea, trial, jail, or probation is the only real way to get it resolved. To get a concrete answer, hire a lawyer from Florida to represent you and see what he or she can do for you. Don't expect this to just go away.
Good luck

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


You need to hire an attorney in Fl. You need somebody who can look into the case and who can try to set it up so that you can come down to court without being arrested on the warrant. The sooner you take care of this the better as it won't go away.

You can contact Ms Joffe at 303-757-6572, Legal disclaimer: We at the Joffe Law FIrm wish to help you. While the above answer is intended to provide general information only, does constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship. We strongly suggest that you seek legal counsel.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


My colleagues are correct. Search for a criminal defense attorney in that area of FL on the FL Avvo site and hire them to see if they can take care of this without the necessity of you appearing. The attorney will know the practices of the judge and the DA. As a former judge, I am surprised that the clerk would encourage you to write an ex parte letter to the judge. That normally is not allowed.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics