Skip to main content

I have a medical malpractice complaint against a hospital and have no attorney. How do i file a complaint?

Hayward, CA |

My satute is running out and i need to file a complaint however i dont know where to file

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to try to hire la lawyer.


Best bet is to retain a local med mal lawyer ASAP. Best bet is to pick up all your medical records to expedite this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Kevin Coluccio

Kevin Coluccio


This is very good advice


Medical malpractice is a very complex area of law. You should at least try the "Find a Lawyer" functin at the bottom of this page entereing Medical Malpractice and Hayward in the open boxes. Prepare a written summary of your complaints and assemble as many medical documents as you can. Time is of the essence.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


While I agree that your best action is to hire a lawyer and not do this on your own, you have several options. You can go to your local law library and look up the correct forms. Once completed, take them to the court and file the complaint (a court clerk is not allowed to give you legal advice so do not depend on that). You may consider a paralegal service or document preparation service to assist you, but personally that idea worries me (there may be very good services, but you need to have someone tell you of a good organization rather than guessing on your own). Or you can go on line and try and figure out the correct forms, complete them and then go the the court to file them. Since you are close to a statute, you need to act today. I did see find the Hayward Hall of Justice at 24405 Amador Street, Hayward, California 94544. I just don't know now if that is the correct courthouse for you - it depends on where the malpractice occurred. Good luck.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer