I have a marriage based green card interview in about 2 weeks

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Green cards

but I have moved out of state. Can I change the location of the interview to my new location? If so, how? and how likely are they to do this?

Yes, you should update your address at USCIS.gov and make sure to apply the new address to the pending I-485. You should also try to contact the USCIS office where the interview is scheduled, at least via mail to request rescheduling due to your having moved. If you elect to go to the interview, the officer will postpone your interview upon learning of your new address and have the file sent to the USCIS office with jurisdiction over your new residence, and the interview will be rescheduled there.

yes and you should. Not only do you need to do AR-11, at this point, you probably need to write to the District Office because your file is there and request that the interview be rescheduled in the District Office where you now live. Expect some delays. Best to hire an attorney to make sure they receive all of your requests in time.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Yes there is a change of address form to fill out. They will likely grant the change.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com