I have a malpractice, discrimination case which i have documentation on paper as to what was said and i need legal advise

Asked over 1 year ago - Chico, CA

dropped medication without reason,effected medical care for me thereafter,and discriminated against me in my personal medical file which i have copies of.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

1

Answered . Depending on the medication and whether another physician would have treated you similiarly, you may have a medical malpractice claim. However, it is not clear what you mean by you were "discriminated against" in your medical file. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney to evaluate your claim. If you have reason to believe that your medical records are inaccurate, you have the right to request that they are amended or changed. Best of luck.

2. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

2

Answered . You are talking about a few different types of cases: 1) Medical Malpractice, for the medication issue, you would need to show that ending the medication would not be the standard of care, meaning other doctors would not have done so. You would probably need to establish this breach in the standard of care with expert testimony. You would also need to show that you suffered permanent injuries or medical bills as a result of the doctor's negligence. 2) You indicate that you have the basis for a discrimination case which is separate - you would need establish that the reason the doctor stopped the medication was due to some basis of race, or ethic, religious basis.

I recommend you consult with a local attorney for answers as both of these issues are complicated and it may be more effort to go after the doctor than you expect based on the facts provided.

Good luck

Pro

2

Answered . Much more information is needed to answer. Best bet is to call one of the lawyers in your state who answered above to discuss in detail.