I have a malpractice, discrimination case which i have documentation on paper as to what was said and i need legal advise

Chico, CA |

dropped medication without reason,effected medical care for me thereafter,and discriminated against me in my personal medical file which i have copies of.

You are talking about a few different types of cases: 1) Medical Malpractice, for the medication issue, you would need to show that ending the medication would not be the standard of care, meaning other doctors would not have done so. You would probably need to establish this breach in the standard of care with expert testimony. You would also need to show that you suffered permanent injuries or medical bills as a result of the doctor's negligence. 2) You indicate that you have the basis for a discrimination case which is separate - you would need establish that the reason the doctor stopped the medication was due to some basis of race, or ethic, religious basis.

I recommend you consult with a local attorney for answers as both of these issues are complicated and it may be more effort to go after the doctor than you expect based on the facts provided.

Good luck

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Depending on the medication and whether another physician would have treated you similiarly, you may have a medical malpractice claim. However, it is not clear what you mean by you were "discriminated against" in your medical file. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney to evaluate your claim. If you have reason to believe that your medical records are inaccurate, you have the right to request that they are amended or changed. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Much more information is needed to answer. Best bet is to call one of the lawyers in your state who answered above to discuss in detail.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes