I have a lot property in NC that I can no longer afford to pay. Should I contact a lawyer here in FL where I live or there?

I have been paying it since April 2007 and recently completed a loan modification but circumstances have changed yet again and cannot keep the property. Already have missed one payment.

Orlando, FL -

Find Out More

Ralph H. Schofield Jr.

Ralph H. Schofield Jr.

Real Estate Attorney - Lakeland, FL

Generally speaking a foreclosure or related lawsuit must happen in the place where the property sits. If that occurs, you will need a lawyer who is licensed to practice in North Carolina.

Marshall C Deason Jr.

Marshall C Deason Jr.

Real Estate Attorney - Tampa, FL

North Carolina law will apply to your NC property. Only a North Carolina lawyer will be able to advise you on your rights and responsibilities with respect to your North Carolina property.

Michael T Millar

Michael T Millar

Real Estate Attorney - Toms River, NJ

You should contact an attorney in NC.