I have a lot property in NC that I can no longer afford to pay. Should I contact a lawyer here in FL where I live or there?

I have been paying it since April 2007 and recently completed a loan modification but circumstances have changed yet again and cannot keep the property. Already have missed one payment.

Orlando, FL -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

Ralph H. Schofield Jr.

Ralph H. Schofield Jr.

Real Estate Attorney - Lakeland, FL

Generally speaking a foreclosure or related lawsuit must happen in the place where the property sits. If that occurs, you will need a lawyer who is licensed to practice in North Carolina.

The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo are general in nature and limited to the facts as... more
Marshall C Deason Jr.

Marshall C Deason Jr.

Real Estate Attorney - Tampa, FL

North Carolina law will apply to your NC property. Only a North Carolina lawyer will be able to advise you on your rights and responsibilities with respect to your North Carolina property.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does... more
Michael T Millar

Michael T Millar

Real Estate Attorney - Toms River, NJ

You should contact an attorney in NC.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education... more

Related Topics

Real estate

The term real estate means land and items permanently attached to it, like buildings. This area of law deals with who has the right to own and use these items.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.