I have a lot property in NC that I can no longer afford to pay. Should I contact a lawyer here in FL where I live or there?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I have been paying it since April 2007 and recently completed a loan modification but circumstances have changed yet again and cannot keep the property. Already have missed one payment.

thanks for the help guys. Not sure how to mark this question as resolved.

1. Ralph H. Schofield Jr.

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Generally speaking a foreclosure or related lawsuit must happen in the place where the property sits. If that occurs, you will need a lawyer who is licensed to practice in North Carolina.

2. Marshall C Deason Jr.

Pro

2

1

Answered . North Carolina law will apply to your NC property. Only a North Carolina lawyer will be able to advise you on your rights and responsibilities with respect to your North Carolina property.

3. Michael T Millar

Pro

2

1

Answered . You should contact an attorney in NC.