I have a limited jurisdiction case and I subpoenaed an officer to attend my trial...

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

the trial was continued, do I have to reissue the subpoena? If I do, do I have to pay the $150 fee again??? It seems ridiculous that I have to subpoena someone twice for the same trial, but I dont know. Will the fact that Im representing myself change the rules at all?

I did send the officer a letter after the trial was continued informing him of the new date.

1. Lloyd Stewart Mann

Pro

2

Answered . If the witness appeared on the day trial had been originally set for you could have asked the court to order the witness back for the new date. Unfortunately, that did not happen so you will have to start over with the subpoena. Good luck.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

2. Neil Pedersen

1

Answered . Yes you will have to send another subpoena. Unfortunately, if you had asked to the judge to do so, the judge could have simply ordered all subpoenaed witnesses to return on the new date.

Good luck to you.