Skip to main content

I have a limited jurisdiction case and I subpoenaed an officer to attend my trial...

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Subpoena

the trial was continued, do I have to reissue the subpoena? If I do, do I have to pay the $150 fee again??? It seems ridiculous that I have to subpoena someone twice for the same trial, but I dont know. Will the fact that Im representing myself change the rules at all?

I did send the officer a letter after the trial was continued informing him of the new date.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If the witness appeared on the day trial had been originally set for you could have asked the court to order the witness back for the new date. Unfortunately, that did not happen so you will have to start over with the subpoena. Good luck.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

THIS RESPONSE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. IT HAS BEEN PROVIDED FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Mann is licensed to practice in the State of California. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this educational exchange. Moreover, the facts provided by you were not sufficient to allow Mr. Mann to advise you specifically regarding what you should or should not do. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Mann is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter, or to take any action whatsoever.


Yes you will have to send another subpoena. Unfortunately, if you had asked to the judge to do so, the judge could have simply ordered all subpoenaed witnesses to return on the new date.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer