I have a license suspension (5yr HTV) from Indiana. Are there any ways I can get a restricted TN license?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

My mother has a note from a doctor stating that she should not drive; however, since I live in a county different from where I work, she is my only option. The doctor thinks that I should be able to get a restricted license because it is bad for her health for her to do so. I have already served most of my suspension, and in Indiana, it will be available for reinstatement November of 2014. I simply want to be able to get to work and support her, not destroy her health. I would be more than willing to install an interlock device particularly if it lifted route restrictions so I could help out with groceries, etc, plus I have a 3 year old daughter who needs to get around and am in the military. I'm also willing to employ a lawyer if it will increase my chances.

1. Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson

Pro

1

Answered . You will have to clear the IN revocation before you can qualify for a TN licenses. You cannot move to avaid the suspension. Sorry it's not a good answer.

2. William Kevin Hodges

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Ferguson. You can not get a TN license until you have a clearance letter from IN. Does not matter what your reasoning, that is the law and it has tightened since Homeland Security requirements has linked the state DMVs. Sorry but that is your answer.