I have a lengthy criminal record (2 domestics-different female)and now im getting a violation a protection order (current spose)

Omaha, NE |

as i said i have 2 previous domestic charges with a different female than the current violation of a protection order ...the warrant hasnt been issued yet but the cops came looking for me after said incindet so i belive a warrant will be issued any day now. what should i expect as far as a penalty/sentence...i have a lengthy record i admit no prior violation of protection orders though

is there some sort of repeat domestic law that will make this violation of a protection order some sort of a felony ?

A protection order violation does not enhance based on prior domestic assault convictions. A second violation of (domestic abuse) protection order conviction is a felony. Violation of a domestic abuse protection order is a class I misdemeanor with a potential sentences of up to 1 year imprisonment, a $1,000 find, or both. There is no minimum. If enhanced to a felony, you could face up to 5 years in prison. There is no way to predict with accuracy what your sentence would be if you were convicted of this offense without having the details of the current offense, the protection order, and your prior criminal history. You should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.