Skip to main content

I have a lawsuit pending in Az for grandparent visitation rights. If respondant moves out of state,is everything lost?

Chicago, IL |

I have filed for grandparent visitation rights. I just heard the respondant is moving. If she moves out of state,is all the money I invested in the case just gone & everything lost? Cant get lawyer to answer my call. I am sick with worry. Thank you.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Unless and until AZ relinquishes jurisdiction to another state, the case remains there. Your hard work and money will follow the case wherever it does.

  2. this needs to be answered by an arizona lawyer.

  3. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, this is too complex and too important to be answered on a simple Q&A forum. Your best bet is to contact a lawyer in Arizona to learn how the law will treat this situation. I wish I could give you a better answer, but unfortunately I'd need a lot more details before we could figure this thing out. Good luck.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics