I have a lady who gave me 3400 to put a furnace in I wasnt fast enough so she went to the law

Staunton, VA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I didnt do it fast enough with in two weeks I cant give her money for furnace and she refuses to take furnace back and is threatening me with construction faurd when I think its civil bc the law I read stated if a person didnt return funds or merchandish money was given for with in 15 days of certified letter then its was crimal if it merchandish was returned could be sued for them paying another party to complete work so Im I incorrect with ?

1. This question was originally posted in the landlord-tenant forum, but it is not clear from the facts why that was so.

Did you have a signed contract with the purchaser?

DISCLAIMER: The information you obtain at this site is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. While I invite you to contact me and welcome your calls, letters, and electronic mail, contacting me does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to me until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established (as by signing a written legal services agreement or by entering an appearance in court on your behalf). Any response is intended solely to give you limited, general information on the issue presented. Michael J. Carmody is licensed to practice law in Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Tennessee.

2. Meet with a litigation or contract attorney in your area to review the contract and give you your options.

3. The key is do you have a signed contract? What does it say about performance?