I have a L&I claim in washington state.is there a settlement for injury?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Burlington, WA

I slipped and fell on wet floor at work, 07/08 i did the splits and hit my head on the floor! i am being treated by a chiropractor,physical therapy,orthopedic dr. due to constant numbness is my right arm and right leg, i have had mri on the neck and lower back, xrays, nerve tests with little damage being visible. they think i have thorasic outlet (doesn't explain the leg)
they given me muscle relaxers,pain killers ,steroids,neurontin.with no results.this inteferes with anything i do my arm and leg always are numb and hurt at times. my claim is still open so L&I are paying for all treatments, but am i entitled to a settlement?

1. Ted David Mechtenberg

Answered . Without knowing more details of your accident it is difficult to offer an adequate answer. I will say that in most cases when you are injured at work, you are limited to the benefits from L & I. It really depends on how and who created the wet floor. If your co-worker caused the wet floor, that person (in almost all cases) is immune and your only remedy is L&I. In your situation, the who, what, why, and how of your accident are important. For your next step, I would recommend either calling or meeting with an attorney who practices personal injury law.

2. Roxanne Eberle

Pro

Answered . You may get a more specific answer to your question if you post it under the "workers compensation" section of Avvo since your injury is primarily an "workers compensation" (L&I) issue. I believe whether L&I will give you a settlement for injury depends on the severity and permanence of your injury. I recommend that you consult with a workers compensation attorney about your case before settling anything though to be sure that you are getting what you are entitled to.

3. Tami Leigh Diebel

Answered . While I do not practice in your area, you may be entitled to a settlement. Generally, you should obtain an attorney. There are workers compensation attorneys who will do very well for you.