I have a judgment against me (MD) & was served the "...Interrogatories in Aid of Enforcement...".

Asked about 3 years ago - Baltimore, MD

I have nothing of value, except my car. Can I sign the title over to my husband? This judgment does not involve him, not do we have any joint accounts/property. Thank you.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stephen M Trezza


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Transferring your car at this point will be considered a fraudulent transaction that can be reversed by the court. Your car may be exempt from attachment. Talk to an attorney.

  2. William James Rogers

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Transferring your car to another person to avoid paying a debt would be a fraudulent transfer. This would only slow down but not stop a creditor's efforts to execute a judgment, and may subject you to additional expenses and possible penalties.

    There may be state exemptions that will protect your car from execution on the debt. You should consult with an attorney familiar with MD state debtor/creditor law to assess your responses to the interrogatories as well as the exposure you face relative to collection efforts such as garnishment of bank accounts and/or wages, sheriff's sale of personal property, liens against other property, etc.

    This communication may be considered an Attorney Advertisement under the Minnesota Rules of Professional... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,423 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,423 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering