I have a judgement and am trying to collect from a corporation that pays my debtor.

Studio City, CA |

This corp is my debtors corp and all his money goes to the corp so I am having trouble collecting. How to I do a third party lien to the corp so that any money they give to him would have a deduction for me from it.

You can levy the third party corporation or ask the court to issue an assignment order against the corporation or do a judgment debtor's exam and have the court issue a turnover order for the corporate stock. Lots of options - just how you choose to skin the cat! Call us, we can help.

Disclaimer of California Attorney
Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Joshua P. Friedman
jfriedman@jpfassociates.com
www.losangelescollector.com

Disclaimer of California Attorney Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract. Joshua P. Friedman jfriedman@jpfassociates.com www.losangelescollector.com

Richard Scott Lysle

Richard Scott Lysle

Call Josh. You need the help of an experienced professional.

Martha Bronson

Martha Bronson

Insomuch as you have not specified what problems you are having getting money from the corporation, it is not clear what your problem is and what advice you are looking for. However, I will assume that your problem is the fact that you have judgment against Mr. Debtor, individually and not his/her separate and distinct corporate entity. I would suggest you do an order of examination of the debtor to learn about whether the corporate entity is simply a shell or a viable corporation which the debtor keeps and maintains as a true separate entity. If it’s a shell type corporation you could obtain an order of the court to pierce the corporate veil and get to its assets.

Insomuch as you have not specified what problems you are having getting money from the corporation, it is not clear what your problem is and what advice you are looking for. However, I will assume that your problem is the fact that you have judgment against Mr. Debtor, individually and not his/her separate and distinct corporate entity. I would suggest you do an order of examination of the debtor to learn about whether the corporate entity is simply a shell or a viable corporation which the debtor keeps and maintains as a true separate entity. If it’s a shell type corporation you could obtain an order of the court to pierce the corporate veil and get to its assets. You should consult an experienced attorney to guide you through the process. Good luck.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

you may be able to get the court to issue a turnover order. Talk to a local lawyer who can sit down and go over all the facts with you in person. Good luck.