I have a judgement against me personally, can the plaintiff ask the judge to do a turn over order on my shares I have in an LLC

Asked about 1 year ago - Simi Valley, CA

I have for my % of ownership until the judgement is paid in full? They subpoena my LLC bank acct and discovered I pay personal items from the acct so it entitles them to pierce the veil. Is there any truth to this?

1. Charles Richard Perry

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, you can be required to turn over your interest in the LLC. And the turnover is permanent -- you don't the LLC back once the judgment is paid.

Yes, paying personal items from the LLC can be considered evidence that the corporate veil should be pierced.

2. Abraham P Mathew

4

Answered . Yes. If you own a membership interest in the LLC, your judgment creditor
    can take steps to have you turn over the interest.

...................................................

Abraham Mathew

Mathew & George

801 S. Grand Ave., Suite 1610

Los Angeles, CA 90017

Tel: 310 478 4349

Fax: 310 478 9580

email: abraham@mathewandgeorge.com

3. Michael Charles Doland

2

Answered . If a turnover order is issued, you don't get your interest back when the judgment is paid.
    Comingling coporate and personal assets and obligations is one ground for "piercing the corporate veil".

4. Gary Ralph Ilmanen

1

Answered . They can get a Charging Order that instructs the LLC to pay disbursements to them instead of to you.