I have a judgement against me for not paying rent..I sell items at an auction every week...can they take that money that I get

Sarasota, FL |
Filed under: Wage garnishment

I do not work at the auctio I merely sell items each week and am paid a commission on what is sold

1. Yes, with a writ served by the sheriff (maybe constable or similar law enforcement personnel in your jurisdiction) your commissions can be garnished to the extent they are not exempt. For precise advise on your exposure to garnishment and general information about how the judgment execution process works, the expert is the consumer rights or bankruptcy attorney. A consultation may be available at no cost even if bankruptcy is not a useful solution for you.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designaet a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.