I have a job offer In FL. Could my employer file H1B visa and Green Card applications at the same time?

I'm graduating on Aug 2013, and I knew I'm not allowed to work on my H1B before Oct, 2013. Can I travel while I'm applying for H1B and GreenCard ? if Yes, then what is your advice. Goal: Start the process early to save time and efforts. Major: PhD, Computer Engineering. (Expected Aug, 2013). Extra: I'm on F-1 Visa (Expired 2009), I had a Master degree from US also.

Boca Raton, FL -

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

Absolutely yes. H-1B is dual intent so filing for the green card is not a problem.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Travel? Yes
File both? Yes
Get OPT to fill the 'gap'? Yes

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I have a job offer In FL. Could my employer file H1B visa and Green Card applications at the same time? Yes

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.