I have a job offer In FL. Could my employer file H1B visa and Green Card applications at the same time?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boca Raton, FL

I'm graduating on Aug 2013, and I knew I'm not allowed to work on my H1B before Oct, 2013. Can I travel while I'm applying for H1B and GreenCard ? if Yes, then what is your advice.

Goal: Start the process early to save time and efforts.
Major: PhD, Computer Engineering. (Expected Aug, 2013).
Extra: I'm on F-1 Visa (Expired 2009), I had a Master degree from US also.

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . Absolutely yes. H-1B is dual intent so filing for the green card is not a problem.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Best Answer

Answered . Travel? Yes
    File both? Yes
    Get OPT to fill the 'gap'? Yes

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I have a job offer In FL. Could my employer file H1B visa and Green Card applications at the same time? Yes

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.