I have a jet ski we're the owner filed bankruptcy and the bank never picked it up. Can i get the title?

Asked 4 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

The owner filed Bankruptcy... Had the ski stored ot his sons house the son ants it out of his garge and asked me if i wanted it... they have called the back and have gotten no where.

1. Patrick R. Driscoll

1

Answered . You want an attorney to review the situation and see what it would take to obtain possession of the title. Contacting the lender is a quick way to get title and may allow you to obtain title for a nominal amount. You also risk waking a sleeping bear and drawing attention to it. Which is where the other option comes in with getting an abandoned vehicle. Either way, an attorney would likely be best situated with navigating those waters.

2. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . You might want to check DMV laws but I believe there is a way to obtain a title for an "abandoned vehicle" under Nevada law. These laws are posted on the DMV & state website. Hope this perspective helps!

3. Jeremy S. Davidson

Pro

1

Answered . The Jet Ski is still the bank's collateral. I'd recommend calling the bank and offering to pay some nominal amount for it.

4. Blake Owen Brewer

1

Answered . I am confused as to who bought the boat and who filed bankruptcy. If you are both, and the bankruptcy is still open, your attorney can file a motion to redeem for one dollar. This is used frequently when the lender won't pick up the collateral. I just did this for some clients who now have a nice ski boat in their garage, no lien.