I have a home I rent ed to a woman with 1 year old twins. She has been there one month and refuses to pay any more. Options?

Asked about 5 years ago - Elkhart, IN

We have a month to month lease w/her. Can we demand her leave within 3 days? She has violated the contract in numerous ways.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. David H. Potter

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Evict her. There are specific procedures that must be followed in order to obtain an order for eviction. Speak to an eviction attorney in Indiana to assist you with the process.

    If your tenant pays the past due rent and you still want her out, give her one month's notice to move out. If she refuses evict her.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,020 answers this week

3,035 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,020 answers this week

3,035 attorneys answering