I have a hearing to get my license reinstated in north carolina for not paying fines over the years.my license have been gone

Asked over 1 year ago - Asheboro, NC

for a while.i have never lived in another state or had a license in another state.i called the dmv and they said i only needed to bring proof with me if i have lived in another state or had a license.is this true

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Gregory J. Brewer

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You may be able to get your license reinstated by simply paying the old fines. This is very often the case for older tickets. However, if the case is an FTA and was never heard, then it needs to be disposed of properly in order to prevent another revocation. I suggest you get a printout of your record from DMV and take it to t lawyer who does a lot of traffic work. It is hard to give you specific advice without seeing your driving record.

  2. Horace Kimbrell Sawyer III

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Ultimately my Tarheel friend you may have to have the blessing of an administrative law judge. Unless I am reading this wrong, you are being asked to provide something that you clearly cannot. Ask for a hearing.

    No attorney-client relationship implied or accepted without a signed fee agreement. This response is theoretical... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,136 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,136 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering