I have a hearing for unemployment benifts,there was no termination,but a lack of work.

Niagara Falls, NY |

I went on unemployment to get back on my feet.DoL disqualified me for not accepting a job offer. I recieved only two weeks worth of benifits since december. I filed in november when i lost my job in october. The reason for going on unemployment was to get funds to pay my rent and get some gas money so i could find a new job. they terminated my case early for refusing the offer. my funds ran out by then and i was scheduled to be evicted in december. i kept a work search record for welfare.I had to degrade my self by standing in the welfare line. I never take handouts but this is ridiculous

You don't ask a question here, but if you are looking for assistance with your unemployment appeal, you should contact a local employment attorney. You may be able to find a legal aid program that will assist you.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.

If you refused legitimate work, it is unlikely anyone can assist you in obtaining benefits. If not, contact the unemployment action center.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.