I have a hearing for unemployment benifts,there was no termination,but a lack of work.

Asked over 1 year ago - Niagara Falls, NY

I went on unemployment to get back on my feet.DoL disqualified me for not accepting a job offer. I recieved only two weeks worth of benifits since december. I filed in november when i lost my job in october. The reason for going on unemployment was to get funds to pay my rent and get some gas money so i could find a new job. they terminated my case early for refusing the offer. my funds ran out by then and i was scheduled to be evicted in december. i kept a work search record for welfare.I had to degrade my self by standing in the welfare line. I never take handouts but this is ridiculous

1. Vincent Peter White

Answered . If you refused legitimate work, it is unlikely anyone can assist you in obtaining benefits. If not, contact the unemployment action center.

2. Meghan Hayes Slack

1

Answered . You don't ask a question here, but if you are looking for assistance with your unemployment appeal, you should contact a local employment attorney. You may be able to find a legal aid program that will assist you.