I have a hearing coming for trespassing charge. The charges are falst, I was let in the home at this residence after I knocked.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Champlin, MN

Do I need an attorney for the hearing?

1. Thomas C Gallagher

3

Best Answer

Answered . If it is important, then it is important to have a criminal lawyer helping you. A prosecutor will generally accept as true, whatever police have written as a version of the truth. A defense lawyer can help persuade a prosecutor, a judge at a pretrial hearing, or a jury at trial.

2. Andrew M. Leone

5

Answered . Whenever a person has to go to court the best advice is to have an attorney with you. It sounds like you have some defenses, an attorney can help present the defenses to the court and prosecution. if the case goes to trial then you certainly will need an attorney; the early the better when hiring an attorney, so he/she has time to fully prepare.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best of luck to you.

Andrew Leone
    Leone Legal, PA
    Chanhassen, MN

612-356-2529
    leonelegal@gmail.com

3. Maury Devereau Beaulier

3

Answered . You are charged with a misdemeanor criminal defense. That means your record is at stake in addition to the risk of jail times and fines. Generally, it is unwise to speak to the prosecutor directly. Any statements you make may become evidence that is used on the case. Bu having a spokesperson on your behalf, you are able to filter information as it is provided and prevent it from becoming evidence that can be used at trial. Ultimately, where there is a disputed of facts on a case, it is a matter for a jury to determine credibility at trial.

You should retain EXPERIENCED legal counsel. For a consultation call 612.240.8005.

4. Christian Ryan Peterson

2

Answered . Think about it this way. How many trials do you think the prosecutor has done? On the other hand, how many have you done? The odds that you are going to be successful at your hearing having significantly less legal experience is very low. You need someone in your corner with the experience to hand,e your case properly.

It sounds from your description that you may have a defense to the charge of trespass. More information would be needed. You can call me at 612-223-7286 to discuss the case further.

5. Christopher Paul Rosengren

Pro

2

Answered . It is not a defense to trespass that you were initially invited in if you failed to leave when asked by the owner/lawful possessor. If there are other defenses a good attorney can help you identify them.

6. Kenneth Lee LaBore

Pro

1

Answered . It is CRIMINAL TRESSPASS

YOU NEED A LAWYER!

Kritine Zajac is a very good fair priced attorney