I have a head injury - concussion - I'm suing a large company and want to know if I should represent myself?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charleston, SC

I'd like to sue a large corporation for my injury...I kept having disagreements with my attorney which lead to my firing him. I am 2 credits shy of a master's degree and would like to sue myself and believe I could handle the case. Any thoughts?

1. Ryan S Montgomery

Pro

13

Answered . Big companies have lawyers and head/brain injury cases can be difficult. You asking the question means you already know the answer. Call a lawyer

2. Michael Ryan Juarez

11

Answered . I agree with my fellow attorneys. You probably could handle the case however, the opposition is going to exploit you as a pro per. They are going to drag it out and wait for you to make a mistake that you cannot come back from. There are many legal pitfalls that nobody will warn you about. Your chances of success are much higher with an attorney.

3. David J. McCormick

11

Answered . Brain injury cases are hard enough for an attorney to handle, let alone someone suffering from a brain injury. You really need to find a personal injury attorney that specializes in brain injury cases to assist you. Do not try and do this alone.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

10

Answered . No.

Pro

10

Answered . Concussion injuries are very serious, and I have a page and countless blogs on my website for you to read about. You may switch lawyers at any time simply by sending a termination letter. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Tatiana Kadetskaya

8

Answered . Do not represent yourself or you could sabotage your claim. Find a top law firm such as the Lassen Law Firm that handles NFL concussion cases, so you can get the most money possible. I hope you get better :)

7. C Steven Moskos

3

Answered . As everyone has said, you should not represent yourself. There are many pitfalls in handling a case and you need someone with experience in handling these kinds of cases. You also need someone who has been in the courtroom and tried cases. It may seem like all lawyers do this but many do not because of the type of law they handle. Others are scared to try cases. If you need assistance, please feel free to call us. 763-5297. We can help lay out your options. If you are in a suit now, you need to move quickly to find a lawyer. There may be important deadlines that you need to meet.

8. Walter Christopher Giffrow

4

Answered . That is a horrible idea. Pro pers are notorious for blowing cases. If you blow it once, you blow it forever in the legal field. Furthermore, since all attorneys don't think completely alike (contrary to popular belief) it would behoove you to get a second opinion from another attorney.

9. David F Stoddard

Pro

2

Answered . I think it would be a dumb idea and that hendling a personal injury case is probably much more complicated than you think. After three years of law school, eight years as a prosecutor, I started practicing in the personal injury field in 1994. In a lot of ways, I'm just now getting the hang of it. I know a lot of individuals who are not attorneys that are much smarter than me (you might be smarter than me). None of them are competent to handle their own personal injury case.

10. Scott E. Kegel

2

Answered . It is never a good idea for you to attempt to represent yourself in a personal injury matter. This is especially true with a concussion/brain injury. You would not want an attorney with a brain injury representing you in any matter and therefore you should not try to represent yourself with a concussion/brain injury.