I have a green card can i apply for my fiancee,

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

i have a green card i want apply my fiancee come to HOUSTON what can i do ~~~

place help me ~!!!!!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

19

Answered . Only US citizens can apply for fiancée visas. If you have been a green card holder for 5 years, consider applying for citizenship.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . You may file an I-130 petition for her but that will take more than 2 years to go through.. In the meantime your having filed on her behalf will not give her the legal right to remain here while the petition is pending.

See when you qualify to apply for citizenship and apply ASAP. Will then be able to immediately petition for her green card, without any delay.

3. Evelyne M Hart

4

Answered . You need to become a U.S. Citizen in order to sponsor a fiance.

You may marry him and petition for him but, currently, he will need to wait approximately 2.5 before he can immigrate to the U.S. under the F2A category. Once you become a U.S. Citizen, he becomes an immediate relative and may consular process without wait.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . No. Benefit available only to USC. You may apply for your spouse.

5. Gen Kimura

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You can also marry her and bring her to the U.S. as a permanent resident although the process will take several years.