I have a green card can i apply for my fiancee,

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

i have a green card i want apply my fiancee come to HOUSTON what can i do ~~~

place help me ~!!!!!

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only US citizens can apply for fiancée visas. If you have been a green card holder for 5 years, consider applying for citizenship.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may file an I-130 petition for her but that will take more than 2 years to go through.. In the meantime your having filed on her behalf will not give her the legal right to remain here while the petition is pending.

    See when you qualify to apply for citizenship and apply ASAP. Will then be able to immediately petition for her green card, without any delay.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Evelyne M Hart


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to become a U.S. Citizen in order to sponsor a fiance.

    You may marry him and petition for him but, currently, he will need to wait approximately 2.5 before he can immigrate to the U.S. under the F2A category. Once you become a U.S. Citizen, he becomes an immediate relative and may consular process without wait.

  4. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. Benefit available only to USC. You may apply for your spouse.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  5. Gen Kimura

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I agree with my colleague. You can also marry her and bring her to the U.S. as a permanent resident although the process will take several years.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,563 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,563 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering