I have a friend who was sentenced to 180 days in jail for dui but theyve been in jail for about two weeks preceding that..

Riverside, CA |

So my questions is how much time will they actually do?? this is in murrieta ca btw if that helps

1. Based on overcrowding, probably another week or two. Total sentence would be served in 90 actual days of custody, including Pre-sentence custody. So, about 10 more weeks, maximum.

Any statements I make in these forums (fora?) should not be taken as direct legal advice, merely informed guidance. This is true due to the anonymous nature of this venue, and the incomplete information which is invariably provided by the questions. It is imperative that you consult directly with an attorney regarding your specific situation before acting on or relying on anything represented here. Period.

2. It's hard to say. Max will be half. It could be less depending on how crowded the jails are. It changes from day to day. Good luck.

Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon as a course of action without having first consulted directly with an attorney, where the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be fully discussed.

3. Mr. Moore is correct. He'll do a fraction of the amount he was sentenced to, but exactly when he will get out will be up to the jail.