I have a friend that wants to give me her baby once he/she is born. How do we get the process started now, if its possible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Toledo, OH

She already has 2 children and cant afford to care for another child and she already has 2 children that are adopted out. I would like to get the ball going now. So I would just like to know the correct steps to take. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

2

1

Answered . This process is a very difficult paperwork process and in my experience there are many attorneys that say they can do this but fewer with experience. I suggest contacting someone with experience in arranging adoptions. This process can be costly but it is important to have the appropriate paperwork in order. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

2. Brian Scott Piper

1

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Beck. This is not something that you should get a few "hints" on line and try to do it yourself. There is good reason for spending the money to be properly represented in this type of transaction. The worst thing that can happen is to not have done everything right and have the adoption invalidated after you have become emotionally involved in parenting this child.