I have a friend that wants to give me her baby once he/she is born. How do we get the process started now, if its possible?

Toledo, OH |
Filed under: Child adoption

She already has 2 children and cant afford to care for another child and she already has 2 children that are adopted out. I would like to get the ball going now. So I would just like to know the correct steps to take. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

1. This process is a very difficult paperwork process and in my experience there are many attorneys that say they can do this but fewer with experience. I suggest contacting someone with experience in arranging adoptions. This process can be costly but it is important to have the appropriate paperwork in order. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

2. I agree with Attorney Beck. This is not something that you should get a few "hints" on line and try to do it yourself. There is good reason for spending the money to be properly represented in this type of transaction. The worst thing that can happen is to not have done everything right and have the adoption invalidated after you have become emotionally involved in parenting this child.

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Mr. Piper's response set forth above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Piper's responses to all questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information based upon the his understanding of the facts stated in the question, and are for the general educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual. Also, a particular case may involve additional facts and circumstances which might invalidate some or all of the concepts provided in this answer and therefore you should not rely upon this answer in any individual situation. In order to offer legal advice about this or any similar situation, a qualified attorney would likely need to consider many factors not stated in the question and would need to question the potential client in order to clarify the specific facts operable in that case. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney in your state. Mr. Piper is licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio, and may be contacted directly via email at: piperlawoffice@gmail.com.

Child adoption topics