I have a friend that wants to give me her baby once he/she is born. How do we get the process started now, if its possible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Toledo, OH

She already has 2 children and cant afford to care for another child and she already has 2 children that are adopted out. I would like to get the ball going now. So I would just like to know the correct steps to take. Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . This process is a very difficult paperwork process and in my experience there are many attorneys that say they can do this but fewer with experience. I suggest contacting someone with experience in arranging adoptions. This process can be costly but it is important to have the appropriate paperwork in order. Good luck.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  2. Brian Scott Piper

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I agree with Attorney Beck. This is not something that you should get a few "hints" on line and try to do it yourself. There is good reason for spending the money to be properly represented in this type of transaction. The worst thing that can happen is to not have done everything right and have the adoption invalidated after you have become emotionally involved in parenting this child.

    IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Mr. Piper's response set forth above is not legal advice and it does not create an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,679 answers this week

2,901 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,679 answers this week

2,901 attorneys answering