I have a friend that is stuck in mexico, because they took away his visa because he had an arrest that was dismissed, but not

Asked over 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

showing in the records, what can i do to help him get back his visa, so he can come home? please help!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . For additional information, please see:

  2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I agree. If his visa has already been cancelled he will need to re-apply at the consulate and demonstrate curernt eligibility.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

    Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  3. Dianne Louise Brooks

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The best thing you can do is hire an immigration attorney with some criminal experience who can access your friend's CADOJ and FBI records. Depending on the Visa, it may still be within the discretion of the border officials to decide whether or not to let your friend enter the U.S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,857 answers this week

2,773 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,857 answers this week

2,773 attorneys answering