I have a four year old son at daycare/pre-school. He was punched in the face, unprovoked by his classmate. He was scratched a

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

week later on the neck by that same boy. I understand that these things happen, but spoke with his teacher about it and she assured me she has it taken care of. After our discussion, my son received more scratch marks on his face and the following day, on the back of his neck from the same boy. It was brought to an administrators attention by my ex-wife, but the injuries continue weekly and by the same person. I was going to speak with the teacher one last time and perhaps the principal or top administrator. I have been photgraphing each incident, totaling seven now above minor scratches. Is there any additional recourse if the school decides not to protect my child? I share custody and daycare is at my ex's work, which is a children's hospital. Want to ensure this stops.

1. Golnar Sargeant

Answered . I would seriously consider a new day care. You can report them to the State Licensing authority for day cares: http://ccld.ca.gov/PG487.htm

You can hire a lawyer and see if that makes them pay attention. I don't know how serious the scratches are. The problem with kids this age is that often their rendition of events is unreliable in the legal sense. I certainly wouldn't let my kid go back.