I have a four year old son at daycare/pre-school. He was punched in the face, unprovoked by his classmate. He was scratched a

week later on the neck by that same boy. I understand that these things happen, but spoke with his teacher about it and she assured me she has it taken care of. After our discussion, my son received more scratch marks on his face and the following day, on the back of his neck from the same boy. It was brought to an administrators attention by my ex-wife, but the injuries continue weekly and by the same person. I was going to speak with the teacher one last time and perhaps the principal or top administrator. I have been photgraphing each incident, totaling seven now above minor scratches. Is there any additional recourse if the school decides not to protect my child? I share custody and daycare is at my ex's work, which is a children's hospital. Want to ensure this stops.

I would seriously consider a new day care. You can report them to the State Licensing authority for day cares:

You can hire a lawyer and see if that makes them pay attention. I don't know how serious the scratches are. The problem with kids this age is that often their rendition of events is unreliable in the legal sense. I certainly wouldn't let my kid go back.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody