I have a Florida business and had entered into a purchase and sales with a group from Massachusetts and used a Ma att?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

nothing was notarized and i never received any of the paperwork is this legal ????

1. Lars Kristian Soreide

Pro

Answered . Sounds like you are doing business with a Massachusetts based business and MA licensed attorney. With the limited information I have it sounds fine. There is no notary requirement that I am aware of on basic purchase and sale agreements in FL or MA.

2. Mikal M. Weiss

Answered . It is unclear what your exact question is. You do not need a notary to enter into a legal contract. If you entered into a contract and the other party is from Massachusetts, and they had a Massachusetts lawyer, it is totally appropriate. That lawyer cannot give you legal advice. Depending on where the contract is to be performed, you may want to consult with a Massachetts lawyer or a Florida lawyer (or both!). Hope this helps.

3. Peter Joseph Lamont

Pro

Answered . I would need more information before I could provide you with a proper response.