Skip to main content

I have a fix it ticket i didn't pay because the court was 50 miles away from home.

Lake Elsinore, CA |

I got a fix-it ticket in West Covina, Ca. I went and got my ticket sign off, i had my parents debit card on hand. no cash available on hand at the time. I was unable to pay the correct fee of 25$. Because of the name difference of my father. They now said i miss my court date, put a hold on my driving record. and gave me a 1600 dollar fine on top of what they had already done to my license. I live in a very large family of 17. It's hard to get anywhere in a mannerly fashion time period. Well i have a court appointment on March 26,2013. LOL.
What can i do to get my Ca License being suspended to active. And i was on Probation til May 2, 2012 from alot of speeding tickets. I'm doomed to never drive again.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. This is similar but different facts from a question I just answered. Go see the judge and see if they will reduce it and put you on a payment plan. No guarantee.

    This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

  2. You might be able to hire a lawyer to see the judge for you. But that would be the only thing you can do, try to get the judge to reduce and/or offer payments.

    Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

  3. You need to see the judge and workout a deal with him/her. Tell the judge or your attorney everything that happened. If you wait too long a civil assessment and/or collection agency might get involved. After you resolve your case, make sure the court sends an abstract of judgment to the DMV to remove the hold on your license.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics