I have a fix it ticket i didn't pay because the court was 50 miles away from home.

Asked over 2 years ago - Lake Elsinore, CA

I got a fix-it ticket in West Covina, Ca. I went and got my ticket sign off, i had my parents debit card on hand. no cash available on hand at the time. I was unable to pay the correct fee of 25$. Because of the name difference of my father. They now said i miss my court date, put a hold on my driving record. and gave me a 1600 dollar fine on top of what they had already done to my license. I live in a very large family of 17. It's hard to get anywhere in a mannerly fashion time period. Well i have a court appointment on March 26,2013. LOL.
What can i do to get my Ca License being suspended to active. And i was on Probation til May 2, 2012 from alot of speeding tickets. I'm doomed to never drive again.

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

3

Answered . This is similar but different facts from a question I just answered. Go see the judge and see if they will reduce it and put you on a payment plan. No guarantee.

2. Matthew Murillo

Pro

2

Answered . You might be able to hire a lawyer to see the judge for you. But that would be the only thing you can do, try to get the judge to reduce and/or offer payments.

3. Benjamin Adam Arsenian

2

Answered . You need to see the judge and workout a deal with him/her. Tell the judge or your attorney everything that happened. If you wait too long a civil assessment and/or collection agency might get involved. After you resolve your case, make sure the court sends an abstract of judgment to the DMV to remove the hold on your license.