I have a fiancee in the UK and i'm a USA citizen whats the fastest way to get her to US even when applying for her to immigrate

Asked about 2 years ago - Houston, TX

She has applied for a visisting visa once and was denied to see me during Xmas. She is currently a student in the UK and she finished her Masters by October 2013. She holds a nigerian passport as a native of Nigeria and is in the UK with a student VISA. We plan to get married here in USA or in the UK. I am just tired of always travelling to UK so I want to know the fastest way to get her to the USA even before and during the green card application for her. Her classes finish by April 2013 so she does not have to be in the UK to finish her final project. It will be nice if she can come and spend some time with me in the USA. What options do we have so I can spend time with her instead of always travelling to the UK. I need to spend more quality time with her. Thanks

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to petition her for a fiancee visa. The adjudication of the petition should take between 3 and 6 months. In my experience, it takes about 4 months for a consular interview in Nigeria, assuming that the filing was done properly and there is no further administrative processing of the case.

  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . File fiancee visa it takes approximately 3-6 months. Then she comes her on the K-1 fiancee visa, and you must marry within 90 days. Then, file for her green card here in the US after marriage, another 4-6 months.

  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . File a fiance petition for her so that she can enter the US within the first half of this year. You will then need to marry each other within 90 days of her admission

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  4. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to file a fiance petition. The process takes between 6 to 8 months.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Family based green card

Citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their relatives for permanent residence in the United States.

Danielle Nelisse

Green Card Marriage Interview

The immigration interview husbands and wives are required to attend in order to get the foreign spouse their green card (lawful permanent residence) through marriage can be very anxiety... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,581 answers this week

3,751 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,581 answers this week

3,751 attorneys answering